Top 5 Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by the booktuber, Lainey aka gingereadslainey. You can find the topics and the Goodreads page of the book meme here.
This week’s topic is going to be Top 5 Least Favorite Characters in your Most Favorite Books. I can count on one hand the number of series I’ve finished, so I can’t exactly do ‘least favorite’ book. LOL.
Top 5 Least Favorite Characters in My Most Favorite Books
- The NASA director from The Martian. I mean, I can logically understand why he makes some of the decisions he makes, but I’m right there with Mitch. He’s a coward. At the same time, if he was all “Oh, yeah, we should totally do that!” there wouldn’t have been any tension on the earth side of things, so, he was necessary
- The Evil Queen’s consort from The Shadow Queen (yeah, I’m not using names. ‘Cause I don’t remember them.) – Again, he’s a coward. He could have ended her crap a while back, and didn’t! Love made him freaking weak!
- The Boss’ wife from the In Death series. She’s just a cold witch. She knows that Eve never bugs him without a reason, and yet she always gives her hell. Dinner parties are not that important!
- Carter in Carter & Lovecraft. The book was awesome but, looking back, Carter was kind of…bull-headed and stubborn stupid. I love the book as a whole, but as a character, he just needs flicked upside his dang head.
- Reagan from Zer0es. She’s a prick. Just a prick. That’s the only word to describe her. Prick.
Leave your links!
Lilyn G is the founder of Sci-Fi & Scary, and leader of the Coolthulhu Crew. She does book and film reviews for both genres the site focuses on. Her tastes run towards creature features, hard science fiction, and lots and lots of action. She also has a soft spot for middle-grade fiction that rears its head frequently.
She is also a co-founder of Ladies of Horror Fiction, though she has stepped down to regular crew level.
Feel free to chat her up on Twitter as long as you aren’t hitting her up to review your book.
I haven’t read any of these books, but they are all on my TBR. So I am curious if I will feel the same way.
Do you think you’ll get to them any time soon?
I haven’t read any of those books but I’ve watched the martian and enjoyed it a lot. I guess I need to pick up the book soon.
Yes, you do. The book is 10 times better than the movie.
Interesting list, I really like your take on this week’s topic! I haven’t read Zer0s, but I’m pretty sure I have that on my TBR.
If you don’t mind, I might save this topic for the future and do this on my blog — giving you full credit of course 🙂
Works for me!
I haven’t read the Martian though I watched the movie last year.I should get the book.
I like how you have done this post.I haven’t read many book series so I struggled so much doing my post.I even started thinking of the series that I read decades ago like Sweet Valley,Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys 🙂
Gahhhh.. Yes, you need to get the book. The Martian book is SO, SO much better than the movie!!
Haaha love this. I never think to change up the topic.
Totally agree with u on the NASA director, the story needed him.
Yeah. I guess even though I didn’t like him, he is also partly responsible for one of my favorite scenes. I love where he apologizes to Annie for Mitch’s outburst, and Annie tells him she was hoping Mitch would kick his butt.
Lol I’m blanking on that scene, actually I can’t rmbr a single thing that happened. I think my brain is just tired right now.
I haven’t read any of these but own Carter and Lovecraft and am picking up The Shadow Queen which I have on hold at my local library tomorrow. I trust you opinion so I will see how much I can’t stand consort as well.
Well, def check back in with me after you read them! I think you will like the Lovecraft descendant. One of her lines had me snorting.
yup, I have to agree with the NASA director
Comments are closed.