Ten Books That Have Been On Your Shelf (Or TBR) From Before You Started Blogging That You STILL Haven’t Read Yet is the topic of this Top Ten Tuesday! Top Ten Tuesday is brought to you courtesy of The Broke and the Bookish. In my case, I’m going to do the ten audio books still collecting dust on my virtual shelf. I don’t know what I was thinking when I bought some of these.
They Came, They Sat, They Went Unread
10 Audio Books I Still Need to Read
- The Mysterious Affair At Styles by Agatha Christie
- I think it was more the shame of never having read one of her books rather than the actual wanting to read one of her books that made me purchase it. My fallback for these types of books is that if I think it’ll be boring, I’ll get the audio book version since that’s generally more entertaining.
- First Grave on the Right by Darynda Jones
- The cover is cool, the synopsis sounded awesome. I don’t regret getting it, but… yeah, it just has never actually been something I was interested in starting to read. I will. Eventually.
- The Way of Kings by Brian Sanderson
- Okay, so this is a partial read. I actually listened to the first 30 minutes or so and… I just didn’t care about it. But I keep hearing good things about it, so I will give it another shot at some point. (I’m actually quite decent about forcing my way through an audio book. Its the only way I’m finishing Leviathan Wakes right now.)
- The Stainless Steel Rat by Henry Harrison
- Picked it up from an Audible Sale because I’d heard it talked up positively. I think I’m just afraid since it’s an older book that it’ll be very dated.
- The Flight of the Silvers by Daniel Price
- Actually this is a partial read too. I tend to start these books at bedtime, and if I can fall asleep easily to them..lets just say they don’t get finished as much as they should.
- Legend (Event #2) by David Golemon
- The first Event book was fun! This one…….eventually I will like this one. Right? The first couple chapters I’ve listened to a few times now and it just can’t hook me.
- Lock In by John Scalzi
- I’ll confess, I got this one before I even knew the name “John Scalzi”. I got it because I knew the narrator as Tara from Buffy, so it was so wistful memory crap because I loved that show. I just wasn’t impressed, and couldn’t get into it.
- Bone Dust White by Karin Salvalaggio
- Audible Sale. (Who can pass up an audio book for 5.00?) I will read it eventually. Maybe. Probably. Hopefully.
- Expendable by James Alan Gardner
- I actually got halfway through this book before I just wandered away from it. I don’t know why.
- Theft of Swords by Michael J. Sullivan
- When am I going to learn to stop buying fantasy novels? I get bored with them way too easily to waste my money on them!!