Without further ado…but in no particular order:
- Danger from The Dean Machine – My review on this book isn’t out yet, but at one point the character has only one limb left, and he STILL doesn’t give up.
- Hermione Granger from Harry Potter – She qualifies. Think about it. Ferocious intellect combined with a strong sense of morals AND the willingness to back up her mind with a punch if you need it? Heck yes.
- Malala Yousafzai from For The Right To Learn – Okay, we all know Malala is a real young woman, but the rules didn’t say it had to be a *fictional* bad-ass. She was shot in the head and she still stands up for what’s right! There is no bigger badass.
- Eve Dallas from the In Death Series – Eve was the product of a sexually abusive father and a drug-addicted mother. She killed her own father when she was about 5 years old in self-defense. She was then thrust into the foster system. Through all that, she survived, and she grew stronger instead of weaker. Now she’s a homicide cop in New York.
- Mark Watney from The Martian – He survived on Mars for like 18 months alone. ‘Nuff said.