Top 5 Wednesday is a weekly book meme, done by most book bloggers and booktubers. It’s started out by Lainey, but is now hosted by Sam at Thoughts On Tomes. Here’s the Goodreads group if you want to join in! This week’s topic is book characters I’d pick for family members. So, without further ado, here’s my
Sci-Fi & Scary Family
- Okiku from The Girl from the Well / The Suffering. Okiku kicks butt, okay? And she’s fiercely loyal to Tark. Yes, she might look absolutely horrible most of the time, and have a vengeful streak a mile wide, but if I could have had her as a big sister? Talk about leading a life where no one dares to screw with you.
- Melanie from The Girl with all the Gifts . Extremely intelligent, extremely loving, and yet possessing certain … abilities (trying not to spoil for the one or two people out there who haven’t read the book by now), Melanie would be a kick-arse little sister / best friend.
- Mark Watney from The Martian. The man survived on Mars for 18 months on potatoes he farmed in his own feces. So, yeah, if I had to pick an older brother to McGuyver me out of situations, it’d be Watney. Plus, he’s a smart-arse, and who doesn’t want that in a sibling?
- Jeremiah Hunt from Eyes to See. Dude willingly cast a spell that blinded him on the slightest chance it would help him find his taken daughter. And he stuck with it until he got a resolution, even if it wasn’t the one he wanted. So, yeah, he’d be the dad I’d want on my side.
- The Mom, Dr. Hayes-Rodriguez, from House of Robots. She’s absolutely brilliant, completely loving, and would do anything for her kids and husband. Plus, she’s slightly batty. So, yeah, I pick her to be my mom, please!
So, there you are, my Book Family.
Hopefully I share at least one with someone else! Leave your links, or just tell me who you’d choose in the comments below 🙂