General Question: Paranormal, Psychological, or Serial Killer-esque for you?

Home Forums Dare 2 Discuss Whispering Corridors – April 19th Dare to Discuss Forum General Question: Paranormal, Psychological, or Serial Killer-esque for you?

This topic contains 10 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Brian Books 3 days, 1 hour ago.

• Author
    gplus-profile-picture
    Lilyn G
    Keymaster

This is not specifically related to Whispering Corridors, but given we had several different reactions to it, I thought I’d ask…

What does it for you in terms of horror?

I don’t enjoy psychological OR serial killer type books (in general). I’m almost always going to go straight for the paranormal stuff.

I think it’s because I prefer my scary stuff to be unrealistic scary stuff, if that makes sense.

Joe Hempel
    Participant

Psychological…..the more real it could be, the better.

gplus-profile-picture
      Lilyn G
      Keymaster

What’s your favorite horror book, Joe?

Joe Hempel
        Participant

My favorite is probably Pet Semetary, which is absolutely contrary to what I like.  It was the first book I’ve ever read that scared the crap out of me.  Granted I was 13, but I still remember that feeling when reading it.  Nothing has ever topped it, and I don’t think it will because I’m pretty jaded when it comes to being scared.  Although, while narrating Whispering Corridors, before heading out to get a bit to eat for a midnight snack for me and the missus, I did keep an eye in the shadows because when you become the characters, it stays with you.  No other book I’ve narrated has done that for me yet.

Brian Books
    Participant

Psychological and Serial Killer.  I can’t do 90+% of the paranormal stuff.  My mind likes to run with stuff like that and I end up losing sleep over it. While some people love that, I get pissed.

gplus-profile-picture
      Lilyn G
      Keymaster

What’s your favorite serial killer type book, Brian ?

GracieKat13
    Participant

I like paranormal. I used to read a lot of serial killer type books (true and fiction) but now I’m not so crazy about them. I read to escape and the real world has enough real world horror that I tend to like paranormal/supernatural horror better.

Teri Polen
    Participant

If I get to choose, I’m going for Paranormal – I like the ‘otherworldly’ better than the real.

S.A. Barton
    Participant

I’ll take any of them. For me it’s the execution WAY more than the premise. If it’s got some form of internal consistency in the world of the book, I’m down with whatever.

David Dubrow
    Participant

Paranormal/supernatural for me, too. I usually don’t touch the psychological and/or serial killer horror. Not as interesting to me.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

• I love Audible. Tons of books, fantastic narrators, good prices.