If you have artwork that fits within the very basic guidelines of “Scifi and/or Scary” and it’s not pornographic or offensive in nature, you meet the initial qualifications to become a Featured Artist on Scifi and Scary.
Featured Artist FAQs:
- How much do I have to pay?
- The only thing I ask for in terms of compensation is a shoutout on your website and in social media.
- What mediums will you feature?
- Any but video.
- Besides pictures of my stuff, what does this include?
- A brief bio, a link to your website, a profile picture if you wish it, and links to purchase items displayed if you have an e-shop of some sort set-up.
- What stuff won’t you show?
- Things that are pornographic or offensive in nature. Now, considering this is a site that primarily reviews horror, my definition of offensive is a bit different. I don’t care about blood, guts, scenes of mayhem, etc. No depictions of sexual assault, acts of violence towards kids, or representations of deceased children. No pieces created for shock value alone.*This definitely may be tightened as time progresses.
- How many pieces will you show?
- Up to 5 pieces.
- How long do I stay a Featured Artist?
- For 30 days from initial reveal on site.
- Do you archive?
- After your 30 days is up, I will remove all artwork. However, I will maintain a page of past Featured Artists, and will happily put a link to your website there.
- What if I want to show off a friend’s work?
- No. No. No. No. No. All work must be yours and yours alone.
If you are interested in applying for a spot as a featured artist, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not have a website set up, please submit 1-3 pictures of your work.